Director of Intercultural Engagement
Dixie State University
Provide administrative vision and direct leadership to a staff of eleven professionals in the Multicultural/Diversity Center (MCDC) and International Student Services (ISS).
- Successfully established the Student Affairs Intercultural Engagement department at Dixie State University, supporting the cultural adaptation and social & academic integration of approximately 1,900 students.
- Established the inaugural university Global Engagement Committee and served as its first chair. This committee centralizes the university international efforts, serves as it strategic body and internationalizes the campus.
Student Development & Engagement
- Led the development of minority student leadership programs, resulting in the Multicultural Student Council and International Peer Mentor Program.
- Directed the creation of a hybrid New International Student Orientation, which increased efficiency of arrival process by 95%.
- Oversee more than 50 annual student activities with participation of 3,000+ students, campus and community members.
- Addressed international and diversity-related student conduct issues, including providing mediation services.
- Manage a yearly budget of $800,000.
- Brought the university into compliance with Department of Homeland Security and SEVIS requirements by constructing a cohesive Policy and Procedure Manual for International Student Services and targeted staff training.
- Improved the International Student Admissions process, leading to a 40% increase in international applications.