British International School of Casablanca, Morocco
Head of Secondary School
- Setting the schools direction and vision; working directly with the Board of Directors.
- Recruiting, interviewing and appointing the best quality international staff.
- Developing relationships with and between staff off all cultures, that acknowledge their strengths and diversity, placing the team at the heart of all teaching practice.
- Outlining and consistently sustaining the schools expectations for students to be outward looking global citizens capable of attending outstanding Universities around the world.
- Facilitating a Curriculum that fits the needs of students; providing access to a substantial array of physical and electronic resources.
- Developing whole-school curriculum policies, practices and communicating the curriculum to parents through weekly workshops.
- Observing and supporting colleagues when teaching. Providing constructive critical feedback, that challenged staff to be the best teacher they possibly can.
- Delivering the schools Performance Management review, linked to the core strategic aims.
- Developing Pastoral solutions to modern day emotional challenges and needs of students alongside a team of highly motivated and dedicated colleagues.
- Liaising with the SENCO to quickly identify children needing support and direction, using data concisely to raise achievement.
- Planning and overseeing the use of the Cambridge Curriculum, and the introduction of BTEC courses.
- Leading whole school assemblies, developing a Life Skills programme focused on students wellbeing and mental health, and establishing a student voice in the school community.
- Writing the whole school timetable.