SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Senior Business Development Manager
KLDiscovery, McLean, VA
2018 – 2022
Selected to oversee US Southeast business development and client operations for this premier global Cloud and Mobile eDiscovery company ($171M annual revenue with 30+ offices in 19 countries) addressing complex litigation, regulatory compliance, internal investigation data challenges FOR corporations and their outside counsel. Responsibilities include delivery of top line revenue and profit growth, go-to-market strategies, client acquisition and retention, strategic planning, business development, SME support for large opportunities, contract negotiations and renewals, service delivery, process improvements, and global integration of KLDiscovery’s solutions to address clients’ needs.
Provided technical expertise in designing customized solutions while leveraging proprietary technology and best practices for defensible data preservation, processing, review, and production in response to regulatory and legal matters.
Integrated ECA (Early Case Assessment) and TAR (Technology Assisted Review) strategies in support of managed attorney document review workflows including the use of AI (Artificial Intelligence).
- Within first 2 months of joining the KLDiscovery, won and ran a global multi-year, multimillion-dollar eDiscovery engagement in response to a high-stakes internal investigation. Worked with the lawyers and other members of the case team to craft an innovative eDiscovery framework which included hosting and managed review engagement with an AmLaw 60 firm on a life sciences investigation that required global collections (30+ custodians in the US and Asia), hosting spanning 3 continents and 4 jurisdictions; oversaw project managers, IT and review teams in Canada, Australia, Japan, the UK and the US as well as outside vendors.
- Within the first year, won a multimillion-dollar engagement to provide eDiscovery services in response to a DOJ’s environmental investigation with 50+ custodians. Crafted service solution that included global collections, hosting scanning and review on 3 different continents involving multiple petabytes of data and millions of hard copy documents. Review teams were deployed in 3 different countries.
Vice President – Legal Solutions, Technical Sales Support
LDiscovery, McLean VA (acquired Kroll OnTrack in 2016 to form KLDiscovery)
2014 – 2018
Joined the team of this national full-service eDiscovery company ($416.4M annual revenue), supporting the Business Development Sales team as Strategic Operational and Technical pre-sales subject matter expert. Consulted and collaborated with client case teams to design eDiscovery solutions for regulatory, civil litigation and investigative data preservation and information requests. Prepared and delivered Statement of Work (SOW) proposals and project summary overview. Proposed workflows including applicable technologies, budgets, and deliverable timelines. Prepared and delivered early case assessment, predictive coding, and automated document review technical feature demos to clients and non-technical end-users. Engaged cross-functional internal departments in the project scope, identify their responsibilities, expectations, and deliverables internally and to the client.
- Developed and managed industry award-winning national sales team, generating revenue at 10% YOY above the company average.
- Increased sales in the Southeast US by 15% YOY through long-term client engagements and delivery of advanced workflow technology solutions.
Vice President of Operations, eDiscovery
RenewData, Austin, TX (acquired by LDiscovery in 2014)
2011 – 2014
Selected to lead a 24/7/365 team of data analysts and engineers responsible to provide full-spectrum eDiscovery services which generated $26M in annual revenue. Supported the company with project scoping, intake, processing, delivery, and quality control of global client electronic data conversion requests. Promoted from Director of eDoc Operations to VP of Operations (eDiscovery & Hosting) within 8 months.
- Consolidated and consulted on development of customized applications to supplement 3rd party and proprietary technologies for increased efficiency, accuracy & repeatability in data processing, document review and production deliverables. Increased accuracy of work product by 30X.
- Engineered and deployed technology automation to enhance repeatable complex defensible eDiscovery workflows that accurately tracked processed, reviewed, and produced thousands of terabytes of data annually, thus increasing overall project team productivity, work product quality and client engagement profitability.