Principal - Media, Applications, Identity & Cloud Operations
Responsible for the management of operational teams who provide real time monitoring and support for national and international broadcasting, live events and streaming, cloud platforms and products, identity and authentication systems and a wide range of digital services utilised within Telstra and our customers.
- Established a flow to work model to increase efficiency and providing economies of scale for future growth with an OPEX saving of $950k p.a. (35 FTE offshore reduction)
- Improved business process for cloud offshore team saving $200k in resourcing OPEX.
- Insource of Enterprise cloud support worth $1.2m with approx. $700k year on year saving
- Delivered a further ~$700k saving in operational costs through lean process improvement initiatives, automation and business planning (5 FTE).
- Established and delivered a resiliency program for a critical legacy application. removing single points of failure.
- Improved efficiency of automation and data sources across the business to enable staff to make decisions and prioritise work.
- Established a mentor and development program to help staff with growth and achievements.
- Established work profiling and a business model to enable demand, capacity and forecast planning.
- Established end to end heightened monitoring solution for Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- Manage multiple teams in a 24x7 environment and an $8m+ OPEX and CAPEX budget.
- Drive process improvement within operations to improve the end to end ecosystem.
- Deliver automation initiatives to improve our core business.
- Ensure performance targets and deliverables are met.
- Ensure the business is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Provide operational support for key services, including for internal applications, broadcasting and live event services, cloud infrastructure and services, consumer and enterprise customer applications and all authentication services for Telstra and customers. Key customers include, AFL, NRL, Netball Australia, Channel 10, Ch 9, 7, ABC and many top 50 customers.
- Support and align to digitisation strategy within Telstra and applications.
- Drive a zero backlog program to ensure incident volumes are reduced and sustainable.
- Define and establish customer experience monitoring for services.
- Directly liaise with stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment on future planned roadmap.
- Manage stakeholder and customer relationships for key services.