Tech Leader (Flights)
After leaving Magicpin amidst covid-19, I was planning a startup in the Food Tech delivery space. However that plan could not work out due to investment issues and I joined Expedia Flights team to lead a 20 member engineering team. Flights is one of the largest LOB(~USD 500mn) for Expedia and it had to revamp the shopping path. In the last year and half key results I have delivered:
1. Speed up Search results on Flights Shopping Path.
- Achieved 60% reduction in front end latency overheads within a span of 3-4 months
- Further reduced overall latencies by 40% collaborating with cross geo teams
2. Migrated ~15 Point of Sales at Expedia to PWA
3. Delivered Paid bags via Amadeus functionality as the engineering leader estimated as 2.4mn USD opportunity to offer ancillary products on Flights shopping path
4. Currently being asked to build and ramp up a native app engineering team within Flights,