Senior Careers & Progression Advisor
Basingstoke College of Technology, Basingstoke, Hants.
- Developing careers department to achieve college aims of improved student retention, progression and destination outcomes through coordinating cross-college initiatives along with using data to identify and engage with students who could benefit from the service.
- Revising employer strategy to improve engagement through increasing employers events and successfully introducing a student recruitment service that has facilitated job outcomes for students.
- Increasing provision for students with additional needs, including targeted career coaching and building links with other providers.
- Developing employability skills curriculum and resources, leading to improved student feedback against previous year as well as teaching lessons as requested.
Additional experience gained through networking with local providers:
- Volunteering as Transitions Coordinator for local branch of the National Autistic Society, working with local schools and colleges to improve careers support for autistic teenagers.
- Teaching employability skills at Mencap job club for young adults with learning difficulties.