Shell Petroleum Development Company
Process Automation, Control and Optimization
- Provides support for Controls systems engineering activities in Bonny Oil and Gas terminal
- Planned and corrective maintenance of the DCS system,
- Maintenance of the safeguarding PLC system. Yokogawa ProSafe PLC and Prosafe SLS
- Installation and configuration of new field devices
- Troubleshooting of existing devices. Clearing of errors and monitoring of the device performance in case of degradation
- Initiates and enforce change control to ensure the engineering practices are in compliance with the Shell’s Design and Engineering Practice.(DEP)
- Liaised with process operations team to identified areas where improvements could be made.
- Daily carrying out of Routine checks around the Installation
- Carrying out of Preventive maintenance
- Develop and review Maintenance Job routines
- New system upgrade scoping and development of Basis for design
- Development of Functional specification for new projects and upgrades
- In-House modification of the Yokogawa DCS to reflect true design intent.
- Troubleshooting of the Yokogawa ExaQuantum system to communicate with the subsystems
- OPC communication protocol configuration and troubleshooting
- Managing various changes in the plant according to the Management of change process (MOC)
- Upgrade of old Fuel gas plant system from traditional 4-20mA to the Foundation Fieldbus (FF) system and integrating same in to the existing Yokogawa DCS.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of the Hitachi Gas Turbine control system Mark VI.
- Alarms Rationalization implementation in Bonny terminal to reduce alarm count from over 10000 alarms per day to 2 to 3 alarms per day per console
- Maintenance of Bentley Nevada Vibration monitoring system (SYSTEM 1) server
- Maintenance of Siemens Gas compressors with CCC controller and SMAR Control system
- Troubleshooting of the MULCOM and the whole Prosafe SIS system
- Troubleshooting of the Profibus system to correct communication between the Electrical system
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ensure General Compliance to HSE policy and procedures.
- Conducting of preventive maintenance programs and keeping maintenance records.