15 years experience as an educator, facilitator, and mentor, with a focus on personal development, preparation for higher education, and decision making. Expertise includes facilitating group discussions, delivering interactive presentations, and inspiring students to actively participate in the learning process.
Ashtabula Area City Schools
- Implemented the permanent teacher's instructional plans.
- During long-term assignments, created instructional plans consistent with the school district curriculum.
- Guided the learning process toward the achievement of the District curriculum and goals and the Ohio State Learning Standards consistent with the permanent teacher's instructional plan.
- Provided individualized and small group instruction as prescribed in the daily instructional plans.
Jefferson Area School District, Ashtabula Area City Schools, Buckeye Local School District , Ashtabula County Educational Service Center.
- Implement the permanent teacher's instructional plans
- During long-term assignments, create instructional plans consistent with the school district curriculum
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of the District curriculum and goals and the Ohio State Learning Standards, consistent with the permanent teacher's instructional plan
- Provide individualized and small group instruction as prescribed in the daily instructional plans
- Drafted grant proposals for consideration by local social service agencies
- Oversaw planning and implementation of Day Camp Operations
- Secured all needed supplies, curriculum, arts and crafts, and recreation
- Coordinated the transportation of more than 20 children to weekly field trips
- Provided personal development focused training to children and adolescents ages 10 to 15
- Taught curriculum developed by the National Family Life and Education Center
- Tutored students in reading, writing and mathematics
Corrective Learning Center Monitor
Lakeside High School
- Created action plans for students suspended from regular classroom instruction to complete instructional plans
- Served as a positive role model for students, demonstrating professionalism that includes a positive attitude, positive and respectful communication, and professional appearance
- Tutored students in a wide variety of subjects, focusing on mathematics and social studies
- Reduced the number of students sent to the Community Learning Center through conflict resolution and stressing the importance of regular classroom attendance
Bachelor of Arts
Kent State University
Developed a wide-range of interests and competencies in the humanities, mathematics, and general science. This background prepared me to work in a variety of capacities and settings, having an immediate impact on the organizations I have been privileged to serve.