Dedicated, loyal and with a burning desire to roll up my sleeves and do what it takes to get things done. I have a deep passion and fascination for technology and its power to revolutionize. I am a problem solver that truly enjoys cooperation for better and faster solutions. I have a strong belief that continuous improvement within a company is what ultimately gives a true edge, that and the people within.
Chief Technology Officer
Utilizing the power of Web Assembly to bring the next generation web platform to music makers. Making it easier than ever before for music producers to collaborate in real time.
- Working together with the team to design an deliver technology towards our vision
- Ensuring quality of delivery and aligning development with the long term vision of our technology stack
- Managing our engineering processes to optimize for learning and long term productivity
- Exploring new possibilities and partnerships that through technology enables our greater vision
- Discovering new ways to empower the company to grow further and faster
- Recruiting and ensuring a great team of engineers
Head of Engineering
Independently consulting from the Stockholm office.
Creating immersive products end-to-end with state of the art technology and tools. My role includes designing the technical solution given the available constraints. Steering the engineering effort including decisions on technology along the process. I also do hands-on engineering on all levels of the products. Responsible for maintenance and stability of running products and services.
- Solution architecture and engineering
- Modular component-based large scale applications using Angular and React
- Complex data visualisations
- Large scale data harvesting and processing
- Machine learning applications
- Time series analytics with tools like TimescaleDB and InfluxDB
- Data modeling for multiple Postgres databases
- Custom caching solutions for high performance queries
- Setting up and maintaining a clustered infrastructure using through cloud services and docker swarm
- Ensuring stable developer operations with continuous integration and delivery
- Guiding team members to achieve high productivity and quality throughout the process
- Third party integrations with a high variety of external sources
- React Native mobile application engineering
Deeply involved in multiple product and utility projects from the start including:
- Marketing intelligence service for effective marketing https://adverai.com
- Music service for discovery of upcoming artists
- Employee survey analysis service
- OECD environmental data exploration tool
- Realtime AI laboratory client for experimenting with new models
- Highly flexible GraphQL-inspired analytics runtime and query language
- High performance distributed data orchestration platform
Jun 2014Sep 2015
Chief Technology Officer
Managing Advisa’s software engineering team with 8 direct reports. Responsibility for the entirety of the software product and technical platform including architecture, direction, compliance, security, maintenance, stability and reliability. Continuously builds and maintains the engineering team with individuals, structures and processes. Budget responsibility for the engineering team, IT infrastructure, software services and system operation costs. Ensures technical platform is evolving in direction with business needs and solves most accurate problems facing company vision.
Technical advisor and strategist as part of the executive management. Continuously working with vision, long term strategy short/long-term goals and organisation optimization in an ever changing market. Responsible for the technical perspective in strategic processes of both growth and retrenchment. Enables and supervises prognosis, assessment and planning of several vital business aspects. Secures sufficient focus on continuous stabilisation of the technical platform.
- Maintained and strengthened team spirit and cohesion across several challenging periods including significant reorganisations affecting the team itself and other parts of the company, financial difficulties, management changes, radical changes to the market, strategic redirections and failed projects. This included many things often rooted in working closely with each individual, building understanding, strong relationships and continuous opportunity for personal development.
- Increased system quality and reliability while reducing maintenance costs by reassessment of business needs and appropriate research in how these can be met most efficiently. Allowing for rethinking any aspect of existing solutions.
- Focused team efforts and motivation on what is most important by increasing transparency and understanding of company goals, financial status and investments in technology for setting direction towards company vision.
- Maximized each individual's potential for personal growth by establishing and securing clear and well-rounded responsibilities at developer level.
- Reduced stress and time spent on less valued and developing task by 50% by implementing and enforcing improved structures for handling support, bugs, technical debt and system-wide responsibilities.
Feb 2014Jun 2014
Appointed overall responsibility for system stability, reliability and bugs. Team lead for communication routines such as daily stand-ups. Coaching team members in engineering challenges, prioritization dilemmas and introducing developers to new systems and parts of the product.
- Improved system stability and reduced technical debt by securing a reduction of known severe bugs to 0 within 3 weeks.
- Reduced interference of operation due to system instability from multiple times per week to once per month by identifying major causes and securing focus on eliminating the causes.
- Reduced inflow of technical debt by identifying common pitfalls and ensuring dissemination of knowledge.
- Increased the development speed and quality by redesigning and setting the overall structure of our Angular.js codebase used for the majority of all web applications.
- Increased the performance of several internal systems by analyzing and improving many uses of MySQL while continuously coaching team in the performance aspect of relational databases.
- Increased the reliability of critical internal systems by researching the Node.js platform and applying gained insights to codebase and the team by coaching.
Aug 2013Feb 2014
Design, development, maintenance and evaluation of Advisa’s internal, external systems and integrations. Built, launched and maintained several fundamental components and systems that today are vital to Advisa’s business and enables several strategic advantages.
- Increased efficiency and quality of operation and enabled complete tailoring of internal systems by building a Node.js based CRM platform integrated with our own telephony solution. Used by an average of 50-100 agents daily for 2 years and counting.
- Significantly improved efficiency of all customer facing employees by building a modular realtime workflow automation engine. Efficiently automated an excess of 3.5 million customer and product interactions for over 1 year. This is what enables our agents to return to customers visiting the website within a few seconds without any manual interaction.
- Revamped our ability to adapt to business and product changes by building a distributed platform of engines for building, tracking and extending customer, product and business processes.
- Key contributor to a platform migration from Ruby on Rails to Node.js.
Jun 2012Aug 2013
One of ten consultant developers that provides data layer, data replication, internal systems and external web for Sweden's largest real estate agency with 250 offices around the country.
- Increased responsiveness of identifying potential buyers and sellers by automating matching and watching for optimal seller/buyer-combinations combined with support for maintaining such relations with automated communication.
- Enabled a large-scale project by building and presenting a prototype for a next generation CRM system with the goal of replacing existing systems serving an estimate of over 1000 estate agents in over 200 offices.
Swedish Armed Forces
Jun 2010Aug 2011
Army Ranger Battalion
Developed self-awareness, cooperation, team building and stress management.
- Selected few for an off-site large-scale exercise based on performance to date.
- Well recommended for further service.
Royal Institute of Technology
Jan 2011Aug 2013
A broad set of theoretical and practical courses in mathematics, computer science, communication and organisation.
Jun 2013Aug 2013
Achieved with a grade of 91.7% with distinction. Focuses on the inner workings of cryptographic primitives and how to use them for real-world applications.
Aug 2013Sep 2013
Achieved with a grade of 100%. A broad and practical course that includes multiple methods of supervised and unsupervised learning, best practices and applications.