Director, Business Technology and Integration
In January 2019, Carbon60 received a significant investment from MC Partners, a leading communications and IT services-focused private equity firm based in Boston, with the intent of making Carbon60 a leader in the Canadian managed services market through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Shortly after, Carbon60 acquired Gossamer-Threads of Vancouver. My initial mandate was to lead the integration of the two organizations from a technical and operational perspective. After successfully completing the integration between Carbon60 and Gossamer-Threads, I took ownership of designing and building the Business Technology and Integration function in order to best position the organization for future acquisitions and integrations and support the accelerated growth trajectory of Carbon60.
- Completed migration of four legacy ticketing, and configuration management systems to a new Request Tracker ticketing system and a custom Configuration Management Database in 10 weeks, including data migration and standardization of processes, and training across Support, Operations, Sales and Finance teams.
- Lead the implementation of NetSuite as the standard ERP and Finance system of record for Carbon60, migrating from Intuit QuickBooks, and Solutions360 Q360
- Standardized acquisition and integration process, reducing complexity, improving accountability and time to completion
- Lead the integration of Cirrus9, a cloud hosting provider based out of New Brunswick
- Implemented standard suite of collaboration tools including Slack and Zoom to bridge the physical gap between distributed teams across Canada and remote staff globally. This resulted in improved communication, transparency and culture between all three offices and helped reduce travel costs.
- Introduced Project Governance improving project planning, scoping, resourcing which in turn lead to greater transparency and accountability.
- Reduced the Leadership Team's weekly project status meetings from 2 hours to 30 minutes while improving visibility
- Overseeing all Integration projects at a program level
Reporting and providing visibility to the Executive Team on Integration project porfolio
- Coordinating integration activities across HR, Finance, Technology, Security, and Operations teams
- Supporting growth of the business through technology and process standardization and continuous optimization
- Managing Business Technology team budget and roadmap