Computer Science Department Head / Computer Science Teacher
American School of Tegucigalpa
- Computer Science Department Head
- Middle School Computer Science teacher 2019 - present
- High School Computer Science teacher 2015-2019
- K-5 Computer Science teacher 2008 - 2015
- 9th & 10th grade Media Arts teacher: An arts-integrated technology class that covers a wide variety of processes, techniques and information. The media arts class provides students the opportunity to express his or her creativity as well as participate in divergent thinking and creative problem solving.
- 12th Grade Computer Science elective teacher as a college orientation class, focused mainly on Beginner level Coding, Robotics and video game design.
- 12th Grade adviser.
- TED-ED club adviser
- Robotics club coordinator
- Technology Integration Specialist: Responsible for developing and implementing a school-wide technology integration plan, peer coaching faculty members in integrating technology to their lesson plans and modeling instruction and student engagement with the use of Technology.
- Department coordinator for Special Subjects Committee in Elementary School (2009-2015), acting as liaison with the Elementary principals for continuous improvement and integration with the rest of the division.
- Vice President of the board of directors of the school´s Teachers Association, (2010- Present).
- Member of the Technology Committee: responsible for the development of a medium and long term technology plan for the school, updating the school’s website and plan technology budget for every school year. Responsible for analyzing integration of technology in the curriculum and deployment of hardware and software solutions for students, teachers, staff and administration.
- Member of the STEM team: Responsible for implementing the process to be a STEM accredited school.
- Responsible for updating the High school section of the school's website.
- Collaboration with the Curriculum Department in the revision and adaptation of the ISTE and CSTA standards to our Computer Science curriculum as part of the school’s long term plan to raise standards as dictated by AdvanceEd.
- Member of the School improvement committee responsible for analyzing the school needs and opportunities for improvement in different areas to ensure the continued accreditation status of the school.
- Member of the Core Leadership Committee: responsible for reviewing, evaluating and providing feedback to fellow teachers on their unit plan mapping and development using UbD (Understanding by Design) framework and fulfill Professional development needs.