Lighthouse Learning - Startup e-learning platform for web and app
- As I was involved in a new startup, I had sole responsibility for research, design and implementation of the technology behind all company products, in-house tools and frameworks.
- Provide technical leadership, evaluating if technology meets business requirements.
- Establish, recruit and mentor development team.
- Work alongside management team establishing business development priorities and weekly development plans.
- Manage work allocated to other members of the team, monitoring progress and evaluating priorities to ensure weekly live product updates are made.
- Work in an Agile environment alongside developers, artists, producers and sales team.
- Establish development work processes. (Github, issue tracking, code review).
- Setup AWS product servers, ensuring they are stable, scalable and reliable. Product has hundreds of users and is used in classrooms around the world, so needs to be highly optimised, scalable and reliable.
- Evaluate and observe user testing to inform of product changes.
- Ensure product performance is heavily optimised and up to a user-acceptable level.
- I was the only developer for the company’s first product, 'Dragon Shapes'. It was developed in an intense 3 month timescale and was featured prominently in the educational section of the Apple App store.
- Developed a reusable responsive framework to produce multiple cross-platform HTML5 (Phonegap) apps. Product works on phones, tablets and desktop.
- Lead developer for ‘Lumio Education’, a web based e-learning platform for classrooms. Includes thousands of items of rich learning content for children and administrative features for teachers.
- Released apps: Dragon Shapes, Shapes Arts, Fruity Fractions, Farm Factor, Llama Drama, Treasure Sums, Electric Sums and Lumio Kids on iOS and Android App stores.
- Designed, built and maintained scalable cloud services (AWS) and databases (MongoDB).
- Designed and implemented a sophisticated bespoke online HTML5 game editor and content management system to help artists and producers design and publish the content seen in the product. Includes a sophisticated visual editor to add graphics, sounds and events to content.
- Created an online administration application (AngularJS, Bootstrap) to allow sales managers to track product usage and manage user accounts.
- Created REST web services (Node.JS, MongoDB), providing user management and authentication facilities as well as other important functions used in the product.