Data Science Manager
I am responsible for creating new data science-based solutions and leading the development from scoping, development, and operationalization on client-facing analytics teams.
Serve as the lead data scientist for two major Oil & Gas company's Analytics COEs.
Additional capacities where I deliver: manage data scientist direct reports, develop thought leadership on various data science-related topics, partner with vendors on technical architecture opportunities, facilitate monthly meetings for a data science region (~150 data scientists), support opportunities/contract staffing, am chief of staff for regional AI project contract reviews, and develop responses to RFPs (<$15M).
- Developed and implemented an machine learning operations (MLOps) framework (deploy, execute, monitoring, reporting and feedback) for a major O&G client Analytics COE; includes managing multiple deployed MVPs, facilitating workshops on platform integration capabilities, analytics portfolio prioritization, documentation standards, and developing governance.
- Direct response to the U.S. House Committee on Science, Space and Technology: Designed and operationalized signal condition monitoring logic to identify, detect, and classify SCADA time series signals where methane gas is directly released into the atmosphere for 1500 O&G wells; integrated into enterprise surveillance system, detects a ~100 events daily where events have been manually detected at ~180 per year.
- Created and implemented a two-year advanced analytics roadmap for an O&G analytics COE specific to integrating new and existing technology, adopting new data science methodologies, data integration, and upskilling in data science.
- Enhanced optimization model for a client which provided decisions on what path of wells multiple maintenance vehicles should take to minimize lost production, minimize cost of service, and maximize NPV per well; integrated into SOP.
- Advisor/Presenter to a client's data literacy program for 3 years (~350 engineers). Coached 15 engineering teams on applying data analytics and machine learning to domain specific engineering problems; won a corporate global excellence award (finalist #4 of 100), I won the "Top Instructor and Mentor" Award.