Senior Software Engineer
World Wide Technology
- Proven track record of their extensive knowledge and experience to mentor their peers.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to peers and can provide spot-coaching when working with less experienced Software Engineers.
- Able to propose effective solutions to complex problems; they foresee issues and resolve them before they happen.
- As a problem-solver, they think in advance about the system bottlenecks, and keep in mind vulnerabilities and problems caused by the improper use of tools.
- Deep understanding of the various indicators of inefficiencies within the software development cycle.
- They see potential pitfalls and take actions to avoid them, effectively communicating with their teammates when doing so.
- Breaks down complex information (e.g., technical, business, operational risk, and regulatory data) into understandable terminology and actionable concepts.
- Uses technical knowledge and expertise to generate comprehensible, broadly applicable communications based on new and non-typical data.
- Designs differentiated technical communications (content focus, style, presentation, etc.) for various internal and external audiences based on an understanding of their differing levels of familiarity with technical language.
- Hones their craft with a focus on enhancing productivity and efficiency. They are competent enough in their tech stack to provide relevant advice to their team when decisions are discussed.
- Meaningfully involved in architecture review sessions. Presents their own work for review and helps others improve theirs. Facilitates the scheduling and agenda for architecture review sessions for their team.
- Actively increasing their knowledge of metrics and retrospective techniques to address team/production issues.
- Successfully conducts day-to-day work and solves complex issues in own specific technical area; serves as a guide to others by sharing and helping less experienced teammates in their duties.