Credit Risk Standard Bank Offshore Group, Jersey
My role is very varied and requires me to be multi skilled in several areas. The bank offers bespoke credit facilities as part of its private client offering, this includes lending against UK & Overseas residential property, portfolio leverage, structured products & cash back lending.
- Review and sanction of new and existing credit facilities, preparing facility and security documentation, through to ensuring all documentation is completed and security is in place so that loans can be drawn down.
- Monitoring of various assets which are held as security for loan facilities, Portfolio's, Property, Cash, Structured products, Life Insurance policies.
- Preparing and being the first point of contact for internal and external auditors, ensuring that we provide all the required data and information to satisfy the auditor's requirements.
- Compile and produce monthly/quarterly management information, which details the size and structure of the loan book, sector and geographic concentration, maturity analysis, general and specific debt provisioning and stress testing.
- Regulatory reporting is also another area I cover in this role. Ensuring that the bank does not breach local regulations on aggregation and other non-bank exposures and returns are completed in a timely manner. Monitoring capital usage and ensuring that we adhere to the Basel framework from a credit risk perspective.
- I am also the secretary for the credit committee, this involves organising meetings, ensuring there are sufficient members present for the meeting to meet it's quorum, preparing and distributing the agenda, taking minutes and following up on any action points.
Recently, I was part of a small committee within the bank that organised the trip of a lifetime for a student and headmaster from Mifumi School in Uganda to Jersey and the Isle of Man. The main aim was to raise awareness of the school and charity and build links with local schools in Jersey. The trip was a huge success and culminated with a gala dinner, which was my task to organise. Throughout the trip and gala dinner we managed to raise£ 24, 300 our original target was£ 20k by the