Sr. Software Engineer
Seven.One Entertainment Group
At P7S1, I have got an opportunity to develop and optimize their seven-channel apps as a part of the Consumer Experience team.
- Implemented interactive user experience for digital extension of TV shows such as The Masked Singer, Big Brother, Eurovision Song Contest with user engagement features like in-app voting, guessing who is behind the masks, and comments. The Masked Singer season -2 has been the first show where more than 1M audience per episode directly participated to vote the winner of the show with the app.
- Improved application performance by 15% by migrating component-based features to function-based with the help of react-native hooks.
- Increased voting percentage by 20% by implementing AWS lambda function to auto send AWS SNS notifications to mobile app users when voting starts.
- Mentored team to develop android skills and helped to create Android community within the company.
- Hiring Android Engineers/ react-native engineers for the team and onboarding them into the team.
- Helped team to drive best coding practices, code review practices, and to decide architecture changes.
- Work closely with the product management team and cross-functional teams to align technology solutions with the product vision.
- Mentoring 2 Junior engineers and 1 senior engineer to nurture technical as well as personal skills and help them on their career path.