Fractional Support Leader / Consultant / Owner
Support Human LLC
- Set up or optimize your tooling and support infrastructure.
- Learn your product and create a self-serve ecosystem for it (all internal and external documentation, chatbot and other AI flows, etc.).
- Develop your customer support voice and tone and deliver a style guide in alignment with your brand voice, advising on and building key customer communications.
- Build positive, lasting cross-functional relationships with your product, engineering, and marketing teams and act as the voice of your customer in product development.
- Identify risks and solutions related to your customers' experience.
- Determine your staffing needs, create job descriptions, hire and train your early or new Support team.
- Set up sustainable Support policies, processes, and reporting for your Support team, especially for teams with limited resources.
- Provide ongoing advice as your Support team scales and your product changes.
July 2021July 2023
Support Engineer > Support Engineer Manager > Head of Support (Remote)
- Continue in an advisory capacity as needed, providing expert consultations to the Abstract C-Suite on support strategy, team management, and other topics as requested by the Executive team.
- Provided training, mentoring, feedback, and growth opportunities to my team as they developed their careers at Abstract.
- Created queue and incident management policies with internal SLAs to accommodate a smaller team (during an acquisition) and a Triage Manager rotation to manage high support ticket volume.
- Worked directly with customers on occasional Support calls to hear their concerns, better understand their needs, and provide solutions and recommendations to improve their experience with Abstract.
- Serve as the voice of the customer, advising on the needs of our users and ensuring information flows freely between the Product and Support teams.
- Manage, maintain, and audit internal (Guru) and external (Help Center) knowledge bases, as well as train the Support team on knowledge creation and management.
- Triage and respond to product bugs and issues by investigating error, CLI, application, and crash logs; reproduce, document, and prioritize product bugs/issues for current and future sprints, managing customer relationships through to resolution.
February 2023June 2023
Fractional Head of Support (Remote)
- Continued in an advisory capacity as needed until August 2023, providing expert consultations to the Jyve C-Suite on support strategy, customer communications, and other topics as requested by the Executive team.
- Collaborated closely with Jyve's C-Suite to assess support needs, identify risks and opportunities, and develop a customized support strategy aligned with their business and operational goals.
- Configured Jyve's Zendesk platform, fully launching email and outbound phone support channels and the Jyve Help Center, including underlying infrastructure such as a customized ticket form, a tagging structure, triggers, automations, ticket priorities, SLA policies, macros, and integrations with other tools and platforms.
- Developed and documented processes and policies for queue management, social media support, escalations, and incident management and communication to provide excellent, sustainable, and scalable customer support.
- Defined the role and responsibilities for a Support Specialist position, successfully recruiting and onboarding 2 new team members to Jyve Support and fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and customer-centricity.
- Developed documentation and training to ensure a seamless and effective hand-off to the permanent Support team, including performance management recommendations, support reporting and key metrics, future recommendations broken down by impact and urgency, and customer-centric product improvements / considerations.
- Acted as a liaison between Support team and other departments, fostering cross-functional collaboration and ensuring effective communication that centered the Jyver, Store Banner, and Brand Partner experiences.
February 2022February 2023
Senior Support Operations Analyst (Remote)
- Enabled a frontline Support team of 20-25 and a seasonal BPO team of 8-15 by managing tooling access and needs, conducting ticket shadowing sessions to identify and address their pain points and training and documentation shortcomings, and answering process and policy questions.
- Managed customer-facing and internal documentation, including a Style and Tone Guide for our public documentation.
- Ensured the success of Support projects from conception to implementation to maintenance and optimization (such as the launch of an Ada.ai chatbot, launch of quality assurance tools Klaus and Loris.ai, and onboarding of new BPO support agent vendor) by providing project management and organization through:
- Helping project leads identify project documentation requirements, advising on the best project management approach, and chunking requirements into smaller units of work;
- Organizing work to be done and transferring all necessary information into our project management tool (Linear);
- Assigning documentation work to creators, answering their questions, and managing due dates;
- Reviewing and editing drafts of macros, Guru cards, and help articles and publishing finished work;
- Tracking and resolving work as it is completed and ensuring the project is delivered on time and according to identified requirements.
- Developed and maintained cross-functional relationships with other teams such as Marketing, Product, and Engineering to ensure a common brand voice and that customers are represented in product development.
May 2019July 2021
Community Support Lead (Remote)
- Embedded as the voice of the customer on the Learning Platform and Test Prep teams; advised these cross-functional teams on the needs of our users, identified trends in user issues, and ensured that information flowed freely between the product teams and our frontline support team.
- Triaged and prioritized issues in Jira and worked closely with Test Prep engineering and product teams to identify high-impact user issues to be worked on in upcoming sprints.
- Co-led a team of 8-15 BPO frontline support agents, keeping them unblocked and facilitating communication between our team and product managers, engineers, and other teams to resolve or investigate escalated issues. Mentored team members, provided feedback and collaborated to help members grow toward goals.
- Managed the Khan Academy Help Center and all processes for updating and maintaining it. Planned and led our yearly audit of the entire Help Center (650+ articles across 3 languages) for accuracy and quality.
- Built and encouraged a healthy, safe, and productive community on Khan Academy and in the Support Community as Community Manager. Conceived and managed the community safety investigation program to proactively identify and respond to risks to protect the safety, privacy, and security of the learner community.
- Recruited, coordinated, and trained 20-30 community volunteers in the Challenge Council, Guardian, and Support Advocate volunteer programs. In 2020, refreshed the Guardian volunteer program by producing a volunteer handbook, designing and delivering online training, and updating the program's internal knowledge base.