StackOverflow (top 8% globally)
Sunny R Gupta
An Engineering Manager spending most of my time leading and mentoring teams, but also making direct engineering contributions (including writing code myself, reviewing PRs, specifying projects, and designing solutions) when appropriate. The ratio fluctuates depending on the project and needs of the team.
Specialise in consumer & enterprise products. Prefer to lead teams with a healthy balance of processes & get-it-done - a roadmap that balances feature delivery, operational health, and bug fixing. Proponent of the you-built-it-you-run-it model. Anticipate the growth of a service and keep parts of the service healthy.
Believe in enabling individuals, giving back to the community, and keeping it human. Leading teams to deliver while keeping developers motivated, empowered, growing and happy.
- Executed multiple projects with full ownership including coding, hiring, mentoring and delivery at a scale of millions of users (large scale production systems).
- Started coding from the age of 13 yrs.
- Hands-on foundation of software development knowledge that allows me to work side by side with my team.
- Good understanding of browsers and performance tuning & optimisation techniques.
- Experience with isomorphic web-platforms with responsive user experiences.
- Believe in "think as the end-user" and build products which people would love to use. A drive to understand the needs of our customers, and the ability to translate them into business goals.
- The ability to track and drive metrics, and the wisdom to understand what they can and can't tell me.
- Regularly write on technical topics including Front-end, UX, Management and Software.
- A passion for sharing knowledge and helping raise the bar for everyone I work with.
- Open-Source contributions and repos maintained.
Motivation - impact of my work and scope to learn and grow as a leader.
Recognitions: the work on COSMO UI framework for use across Jio's ecosystem of apps.