Vice President, Human Resources
VIZIO - Irvine, CA
NYSE: VZIO Market Cap: ~$4.0B Employees: 850 U.S.-based FTEs; 200 Global Contractors
- Lead and scale end-to-end Human Resources function for VIZIO, driving strategy and culture, overseeing Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Talent Management, HRIS, Compliance, Learning & Development, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Oversight and management of HR team of 26 full-time employees and 8 contractors, as well as 8 administrative employees (reception, office management, executive administration).
- Led VIZIO through initial public offering (IPO) and transition from private to public entity (IPO date 3/24/2021). Developed and rolled out enhanced post-public Total Rewards philosophy, designed executive and employee equity structure, enhanced benefits offerings to attract and retain talent in a competitive talent market (expanded time off, paid leave, 401(k) matching, tuition repayment program and ESPP). Updated HR operations function to align with SOX compliance, process documentation, operational controls and segregation of duties.
- Partner with C-Suite (CEO, COO, CFO, CTO, CRO) on transformational organic headcount expansion (95% growth in 24 months) driven by the software engineering and media/entertainment verticals; ramping up talent acquisition and employer branding to scale for efficiency and process flow improvements.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic planning for each element of the employee lifecycle: acquisition, onboarding, ongoing/retention, offboarding.
- Built and scaled Talent Acquisition function, including expanding employer branding efforts (BuiltIn, LinkedIn, The Muse, Glassdoor), engaging and optimizing social media interactions, streamlining interview processes, truncating time to fill metrics by 35% YoY (from 84 days to 54 days) by analyzing pipelines to pinpoint areas of improvement. Developed reporting to illustrate gaps in efficiencies and highlight candidate flow in the funnel.
- Evaluated and upgraded HR systems and tools to scale and improve efficiencies, including Workday HRIS, iCIMS (Talent Acquisition), Certent/Fidelity (Equity Administration), ReturnSafe (COVID safety), and LinkedIn Learning.
- Enrich people analytics and provide data-oriented solutions to employee engagement through implementation of quarterly pulse surveys, 30/60/90-day new hire check ins, exit and stay interviews, people health index analysis, etc.
- Expansion of DEI program, including developing diversity hiring strategy, launching internal affinity groups and championing veterans' hiring initiative and women in leadership development programs.
- Negotiated and secured $1M in savings for the organization through reduced employer benefits costs and discounted broker fees for 2022 benefits.
- Created and led cross-functional COVID-19 Task Force to transform business operations from in-office to virtual during the pandemic; developed policies and protocols to ensure employee health and safety, including testing, vaccinations, accommodations and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and ordinances. Partnered with outside counsel to co-present series of podcasts/webinars/conferences as an expert in COVID-19 employer best practices and policy compliance guidance for the HR community. (Building Airplanes in Flight series with Eric DeWames of Michael Sullivan & Associates).