Field representative and investigator serving claims and legal department staff.
• Attained top 10% of investigators in the disability industry
• Managed full field investigations including surveillance, interviewing, background information development, discussions with medical practitioners, financial and medical data analysis, and developing leads and supporting evidence.
• Closed high indemnity claims including Russian fraud, Broker fraud, and HIV fraud.
• Investigated suspicious death claims.
• Prepared detailed and complete field reports providing for informed decision making.
• Negotiated settlements excess of $1 million including discussions with customer's counsel.
• Testified in depositions and court hearings.
• Participated in discussions with legal departments to determine exposure.
• Detailed understanding of medical terminology and impairment.
Settlement negotiations, contract interpretation, customer service, investigations, report writing, legal discussions, travel, self-management