I'm Todi Mugivhi, a development manager at EOH ESA and Berriefitness's Co-Founder.
At EOH ESA
I have worked in this field for more than 15 years, began my journey as a PHP developer, responsible for creating an in-house framework that accelerated development in the organisation.
We've since moved to JAVA, later on to the Microsoft platform, where I've matured my development and design skills. Working predominately as a senior developer, later on as a Technical Team Lead.
With my most recent change to the Development Manager, I've seen my personal grow with regards to growing not just teams, but individuals themselves. During my tenure, we've moved the developments Teams towards the Agile methodology and implemented DevOps using Microsoft's platform Visual Studio Team Services (later on renamed Azure DevOps).
In 2014, we realised the need for functional training equipment in South Africa. These equipment were not readily available; most of the products we wanted, we had to import. As a result of this, Berriefitness was born.
We specialise in functional training equipment and accessories that are suitable for home, gym, and outdoor training.
Berriefitness is still classified as a startup, my role here span across fields. Responsible for building and maintaining our website, research, and development for the product offering, and building our online community. As our growth has been accelerated because of the pandemic, I have also begun to do what I enjoy the most, building a team.
Team and individual development have been something I've come to enjoy, something I'm keen replicate everywhere I go.
I would love to meet and discuss what I can bring to this role. I can be reached at email@example.com and 083 330 3785.
I'm continuously trying to improve myself in order to become a better leader. One of the ways I'm achieving this is through books. Please find below, a sample of the books.
1. Rework - David Heinemeier Hansson and Jason Fried
2. It Doesn't Have To Be Crazy at Work - David Heinemeier Hansson and Jason Fried
3. Built to Last - James C. Collins and Jerry I. Porras
4. Lean Startup - Eric Ries
5. The Five Elements of Effective Thinking - Edward B. Burger, Michael Starbird
6. The Dip - Seth Godin
7. Tribal Leadership - Dave Logan , John King , Halee Fischer-Wright
8. The Three Signs of a Miserable Job: A Fable for Managers - Patrick Lencioni
9. The Upstarts: How Uber, Airbnb and the Killer Companies of the New Silicon Valley Are Changing the World - Brad Stone
10. Up the Organization - Robert C. Townsend , Warren Bennis