A leading broadband service provider present in both retail and enterprise segments, having a national presence with 300 retail outlets, 2000 retail sales channel partners, 40,000 subscribers and 650 employees.
- Preparation, presentation and tracking of multi-dimensional annual budgets, rolling monthly forecasts and analysing actual performance measurement viz a viz budget & forecast.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly business review deck with margin analysis drilled down up to the level of each region, retail outlets, product, customer segment, cluster/sales territory, sales manager and channel partner.
- Product pricing in consultation with sales heads keeping the financial profitability and competition strategies into consideration.
- Capex Financial feasibility evaluation and post-investment analysis
- Determining the re-order levels of traded inventory ensuring continuing sales pipeline with optimal working capital utilisation.
- Benchmarking and sharing the best practices and procedures across regions and building the culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
- Formulation of sales promotional schemes, with a view to maximising market share basis detailed analysis.
- End of the month financial books closures, reconciliations and submission to CFO/MD office.
- Overseeing the day to day functioning of the finance department including AP, AR, Banking operations, reconciliations, customer invoicing, statutory audits, process improvisations and internal controls.
Projects Handled and accomplishments
- Proved to be a vital member of organisational turnaround from the state of negative profit to positive contributions within a short span of 12 months of joining
Challenges faced but won- despite the organisation existence over a decade and multiple growths in top-line, the bottom line turned red. Challange was in the identification of the regions, clusters, stores and overheads, sucking the profitability.
Resolution worked- Company level P&L dissected into region-wise and finally to sales territory wise to segregate the performing ones from loss-making ones.
Due to system imperfections, lack of readily available standardised legacy data to do micro-scanning and analysis.
Resolution worked- Huge volumes of legacy data, gathered from various business applications, collated into an oracle data warehouse and using an open-source BI tool, SQL queries, reports were generated to the larger extent.
- Organisation comprehensive ERP implementation- Microsoft dynamics- Navision including finance, budgeting supply chain, HR and inventory modules.
Challenges faced but won- Data cleansing and inclusion upon transition from an isolated basic accounting system to a highly integrated and robust ERP system.
Change management upon transition from many manuals to system-driven processes.